- Remove filter from face mask (if fitted)
- Hand wash or light machine wash in delicate’s bag in warm water with non scented detergent.
- Do not bleach, Do not soak. Do not tumble dry, Do not Wring.
- Line dry or dry flat.
- Avoid direct sunlight for prolonged periods. May fade in sun.
- Pleated designer masks can be ironed.
- Wash your hands before and after handling face masks for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or use alcohol based hand sanitiser containing at least 60% alcohol.
WHEN SHOULD I WASH MY MASK?
A cloth mask should be washed each day after use. However, if during the day your mask is visibly dirty or wet, do not continue wearing your mask; the mask needs to be washed. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth at all times and store used cloth face masks in a plastic bag until you have an opportunity to wash them.
Re-using a cloth mask without washing is risky because it can become contaminated or may not be as effective in protecting you.